Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Funnies

While driving home today, I had to hide a chuckle with Bryson Jr. and these little tid-bits....

He was getting restless in his seat and complained that his leg hurt and then pulled it up and gasped, 
"AH!  My knee-pit itches and hurts SO bad!" 
I don't know why this struck me as so funny - probably because I have never heard it referred to as a knee-pit, which I suppose I am the only one....but it just made me laugh, but then I had to hide my chuckle as Bryson Jr. can be a little sensitive when we laugh at/with him!  

Then there was this one  ------

Bryson Jr. ....."and then it was all filled up." 

Me:  "Honey, don't say all filled up.  Simply say it was full or you can say you filled it up.  To say it was ALL filled up is stating something twice, and it doesn't make sense." 

Bryson Jr.:  "But I like to say it that way - that it was ALL filled up!" 

Me:  "Yes, I understand that - however it's not proper English to say it that way." 

Bryson Jr.:  "Why?  Those are English words!" 

I really had to bite my lip to stop from laughing out loud at his reasoning back with me.  As Bryson Sr. said when I got home and told him the story - each of our children are smart in their own ways.....Madeleine is leadership smart, Bryson Jr. is Book Smart - he is smarter than he knows he is, and his practical approach to everything catches us off guard all the time....and Jacob - well, at such a young age....he's street smart.   

I was trying to convince Jacob that leaving Virginia was a good think, although hard for him to leave his cousins and all the playing he had enjoyed over the past few days.  To ease the pain of leaving, I told him Daddy missed him so much we had to get home.  Which resulted in Jacob saying this anytime I stopped at a red light out of town, if he didn't think I was driving fast enough & anytime we stopped for a potty break....
Jacob:  "Drive faster Mom!  Daddy misses us!"
I love that funny boy :)  

MORE FUNNIES

While talking with our cousins one day about where their dad was --- I can't remember now but he was at work or doing something and getting home a bit later than they had thought or planned on....

Jacob:  "That's okay your dad is gone - our dad is always gone at work.  He is never home!"  

No comments: