Sunday, January 13, 2013

Family Ties

We are so lucky that we live by family and are able to head over to enjoy dinner and fabulous company each month...and many times within each month!  Back at Thanksgiving dinner we went around the table and said what we are thankful for, and I mentioned how thankful I am to live by family & that I am enjoying it more than I thought I would.  I really had worried that it would be too much to live by family - too much of what I'm not sure, but in my mind I was convinced it would be a hard transition after living away from family for all our married life.  


And yet, it's for moments like this that I'm grateful we are now experiencing living by family.  And realize it's not hard - it's amazing.  We get to experience precious moments of sharing love, memories and just those simple moments of sweetness such as Emilia being cuddled by Grammy Critchfield after Sunday dinner.  Absolutely beautiful moments where I just sit back and am thankful that our life road we are traveling has led us here, for this time.   
These are some of my most favorite times.  Ever.  

No comments: